Google+ Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery: I Tried It: Grain Free Bread

background

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Tried It: Grain Free Bread


Grain Free Bread from The Saffron Girl

Baking without grains is quite a challenge, and I'm learning a lot by trying out other people's recipes.  This almond-flour-based, Grain Free Bread from The Saffron Girl was easy and delicious.  The texture is like a quick bread, and the slices toast very well in the oven.  I loved the dark crust that this bread makes, too.

I baked this twice, once without changes, and the second time with a bit less baking soda.  The first time I felt like I could taste too much baking soda in every bite, and amazingly, even without the extra soda the second time around, the bread still rose nicely.  This loaf didn't work for my nut-allergic son, but for those of you who can tolerate almond flour, this is a great recipe to try.




1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! I'm always looking for new grain-free breads. :-)

    Hope you're well.

    xo,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete