Google+ Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery: I Tried It: Coconut Flour Biscuits

background

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Tried It: Coconut Flour Biscuits


Coconut Flour Biscuits
from The Urban Poser

I've been trying all sorts of Paleo, grain-free recipes lately, and I finally hit on one that actually works well.  The Urban Poser features a delicious-looking Bacon Chive Biscuit made with coconut flour and mashed pumpkin, and it really tastes delicious.

I left out the bacon in her recipe, because we were already having ham for dinner, and the biscuit tasted just fine.  Love the use of pumpkin for moisture, as it allows me to sneak a bit more vegetables into my fussy eight-year-old.  The biscuits were nicely moist, without any of that dry coconut flour taste.  The chives added a beautiful touch.

These were easy to make and everyone loved them!

Click here to jump to the original recipe at the Urban Poser.

No comments:

Post a Comment